The Edward Hyde Show: 330 : The tradition

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Episode 330 : The tradition

'Don't you want to hold your nephew?' Mama Hyde asked me.

I hesitated. 'His neck is still weak, and I am not sure if I will hold him properly', I said.

'You are just like your father' she said, shaking her head. 'Go on, hold him. You will not learn until you try, and there is nothing to be afraid of. Your hands will automatically move to support his head' she said encouragingly.

I hesitated again, but stretched out my hand. She placed him gently and took a step back to watch. Then she laughed.

'I remember the day when your uncle held you for the first time. You remember that photograph where he looks like he is juggling you?' she asked.

I nodded.

'He had hardly held you for a minute when you peed on him. He yelped in surprise, trying to avoid the spray.'

I grinned. I am sure the little one did not understand the conversation; he was too busy kicking his legs.

In happiness, I thought unconvincingly. 'Looks like he will learn to play football, seeing how much he is kicking now', I said to Mama Hyde.

A few moments later, I yelled. He had peed on me.

It looks like the uncle-nephew tradition of the house is off to a good start. It is probably a good thing that we do not have a photograph.

1 Comment(s):

  • At 4/02/2012 12:16 am, Anonymous Inky said…

    Awww. The husband became an uncle yesterday. Can't wait to have his nephew pee on him! >:o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show