Episode 17 : The doctor is out
The encyclopaedia on the shelf, that you refer to.
The crutch, that you lean on.
The bedoom slippers, when your party shoes pinch you.
The "agony uncle".
The doctor you consult.
I was all that and nothing else.
Not any more.




11 Comment(s):
At 11/17/2005 11:30 am,
Anonymous said…
I read ur poem something around three times...but it rendered itself largely inscrutable...atleast for me...but here is a personal interpretation:Those things refer to the things that u moved back to and found ur comfort zone or this mixed feeling of solace,tinged with a bit of nostalgia...but then it is no more..not any more...!I hope, i didnt piss u off!
At 11/17/2005 1:30 pm,
Hyde said…
It isn't a poem. :-) And I do not think it is inscrutable either. Look at them closely, and you will find something common to all of them.
At 11/17/2005 1:57 pm,
Prerona said…
dont you think that the people we feel this way about, are the people most elevated in our hearts? the people we love enough to lean on, to take for granted? i dunno. thats the way i always interpreted it that way. or tried to :)
At 11/18/2005 12:14 am,
Hyde said…
The people we feel this way about, are the ones who will fall from grace. Sooner or later. :-)
Relationships are symbiotic. When they turn parasitic, they are doomed.
At 11/18/2005 6:05 am,
Prerona said…
who are the people we feel this way abt? primary example, our moms :)
flow can be one directional at a time ... have patience
what wrong with a parasitic relationship.
had sent a message. did u get?
At 11/18/2005 12:03 pm,
Hyde said…
What is wrong with a parasitic relationship is the time that you spend giving a lot more and not getting any. :-)
What is wrong in letting a leech suck your blood? Only a matter of time before your strength gets sapped. :-)
At 11/18/2005 12:04 pm,
Hyde said…
Keep my chin up, Parna? That is what I did last night in the dentist's chair. :-D
At 11/18/2005 6:41 pm,
Prerona said…
yet leeches were once, and in some places still are, used for medicinal purposes.
point i'm making, perhaps, is theres nothing wrong with giving w/o getting ... u'll get a kick from the giving and that will be the purpose of it. ya, ofcourse if u take it to an extreme, its bad
but in every relationship, there's a balance. and its shifting. its never static and perfectly equal. never.
been texting / calling / mailing but no response. kahaan ho! just wanted to know how it went. fursat ho toh kindly drop a line to my home id
At 11/18/2005 6:58 pm,
Hyde said…
I was talking about one such extreme case. :-)
Texting/Calling? I haven't received any of those. I have responded to mails. Sent any today? I haven't checked the "other" GMail account. ;-)
At 11/19/2005 4:32 pm,
Nisha said…
The mysterious approach!
At 11/19/2005 4:35 pm,
Nisha said…
Get a very mystic feeling !!
Post a Comment
<< Back to the show