Episode 158: A tale of "been there, felt that"
Date: Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subject: Parallelism?I was thinking of the time when Fi was going to get married and the question that followed after we knew about it... What would I do after that?
Good thing was that you people knew what was actually happening, so such a question did not raise any eyebrows! :-))
And now there is a colleague here who is going to get married in two weeks time. And then she will move.
Now what am I going to do..? :-)
The last time this question cropped up, I switched jobs. I am curious to see what will happen this time.
I was in the USA when she returned post-marriage. And after I returned, I somehow sensed discomfort within me to initiate the same banter we shared before. I didn't find her equally forthcoming either.
Then one day, she confronted me.
'You hardly talk to me these days!'
'Madam, I could say the same thing about you.'
'Woh toh hai. What to do, I have been quite busy looking for a new job and all. Let me know if you know of any.'
One thing we have seen about people getting married is how their lives change. Priorities change, relationships change. Old friends, barring some exceptions, turn into acquaintances. New friends are made. An emphasis is put on how and what the couple should do as a couple. Individuality is often forsaken.
I am hardly in touch with Fi these days. Or countless other friends, guys and girls, who got married.
She left yesterday, to start a new life in the capital. She's promised to keep in touch. But I know she will join that list.
And I have observed that when one departs, one arrives.



6 Comment(s):
At 5/11/2007 12:42 pm,
Because of B said…
yeah i know how that is.
but wudnt the same happen with u once u get married? what do u think?
At 5/11/2007 2:27 pm,
Hyde said…
:-) I was expecting that question. One reason I am avoiding marriage is I do not know whether I will gain enough to make up for what I will lose.
At 5/11/2007 4:19 pm,
Prerona said…
this is life. full of changes. each stage brings new things and we cant embrace them and hold on to the past in the same way. i realised something recently. the world and life is so full of beautiful things that to hold on or even try to navigate is pointless. as long as you keep moving. you will keep coming upon the beautiful
At 5/11/2007 5:44 pm,
Deez said…
like they say , life moves on.... somehow the only ones who have time to reflect abt it are the ones leaft behind....
At 5/14/2007 6:59 pm,
manuscrypts said…
huh, so where DID i pos that comment? crap!!
haan, basically reacting to 'hyde to bhavna' with a scene from metro when konkona complains to irfan about the elusive mr.perfect
Irfan: i have a friend. he bought a car. but he never takes it out. says he is waiting for the day when all the signals are green...
konkona: so stupid
irfan: exactly, how will you know if you don't try?
:)
At 5/14/2007 9:37 pm,
Hyde said…
I keep coming across the beautiful and they are with me for a short while. I only wish they could be around a little longer to make it really worthwhile.
Deez, only the ones left behind have time to reflect.
Manu, I try and I learn I shouldn't have. When I don't try, I learn I should have. Somehow the latter has happened very rarely compared to the former.
I think I still have a little in me to try again. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Back to the show