Episode 150 : Hyde in America, Part VII
I couldn't help smiling as I entered the cafeteria. I stood in a queue that led to a lunch stall and waited my turn.
'Si señor?' the chef began before she realised it was I who stood at the counter.
I grinned. If only I knew enough Spanish to go beyond buenos días, gracias and por favor...
'Oh... chicken philly?' she asked. I nodded.
'I know you!' she exclaimed. In the last two weeks, I stuck to the same routine for lunch.
'With cheddar?' she asked after some time. I shook my head.
'I'll take Swiss cheese today' I replied.
'You changed!'
Well, it is a little boring if you try the same thing over and over again.



11 Comment(s):
At 3/29/2007 8:45 am,
Anonymous said…
I thought you were to be some place else by now!
if
p.s-I am.
At 3/29/2007 10:59 am,
Hyde said…
I have time. You tell me about your new place.
At 3/29/2007 2:36 pm,
Anonymous said…
It's scorching outside but am in the comfortable confines of an air-conditioned room.
Loving(as of now) the feeling of being a student again (the luxury of course is not student like but am not complaining)
if
At 3/31/2007 3:20 pm,
Prerona said…
nice to see you are enjoying america :)
At 3/31/2007 9:05 pm,
Hyde said…
It is an ok place. :-P
At 4/03/2007 6:46 pm,
manuscrypts said…
la manera al corazón de un hombre está a través de su estómago ..
or something amounting to that :D
At 4/03/2007 8:42 pm,
Anonymous said…
Haha..with chicken philly and cheese in this case. :-D
~N.
At 4/03/2007 10:58 pm,
Hyde said…
Si senor Manu.
N, it was, and is, always chicken philly with cheese. Just that I switched from cheddar to Swiss. :-)
At 4/04/2007 12:41 am,
Anonymous said…
Hmm..(given that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach) are you admitting that the way to yours is with chicken philly with cheese? :)
Hehe..in that case, that chef is surely on her to becoming Mrs Hyde. ;-D
~N.
At 4/04/2007 2:42 am,
Hyde said…
The chef is a Mexican lady who is probably in her forties. I don't think she is interested in becoming Senora Hyde, and neither am I thinking of asking. :-)
I merely said yes to what Manu said. It doesn't work for me. I eat to live, anything will do. Heh.
At 4/04/2007 7:52 am,
Anonymous said…
:-)
~N.
Post a Comment
<< Back to the show