The Edward Hyde Show: 164 : And I can go home again...

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Episode 164 : And I can go home again...

'So when are you coming again to Madras?' she asked.

'End of next month perhaps. I think I'll come here once in 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks' I replied. And hastily added 'It makes the trip more enjoyable' as I evaded a cushion that Mama Hyde flung at me.

But the prospect of delaying a visit by two weeks is appealing. I was looking forward to this trip and I enjoyed my stay. I missed the feeling of missing home in the earlier trips.

Perhaps it is also because Bangalore has slowly become a second home. After one year of living in this city, some feelings haven't changed much.

'I am taking the 4-seater dining table...'

'Ok...'

'... and the coat stand...'

'Alright...'

'and the microwave oven and the refrigerator. You don't need them anyway...'

'Dream on!'

Or is it because this time, just like the last time, I spent one day putting together stuff that had to be transported to the new home...?

4 Comment(s):

  • At 6/12/2007 3:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh, I thought you were going to go to the market for the last two items. Good that Mama Hyde didn't let your shopping plan falter. :D

    ~N.

     
  • At 6/14/2007 3:51 am, Blogger Prerona said…

    moving time again? :)

     
  • At 6/14/2007 8:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i had the feeling to going back 'home' only once really... the first time i was away and when i was returning for a small vacation. after which, the remaining visits tht i made home were just a form of 'escape' and could've as well been to any other part of the world.....!

    btw, i linked u :D

     
  • At 6/14/2007 8:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey...I did not know you've started blogging again :) Cool....Well, I guess my dormant blog also needs some activity very soon...:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show