Episode 76 : The land of baked beans
What I did over the weekend will be is posted later at The Motorcycling Diary.
What I did after that, will be here.
I make plans. I make a lot of plans. Even before I found another employer, I had planned to call this post "Hyde-rabad" or "Hyde in Hyderabad".
But I landed in Bangalore. The first thing I noticed in the 3rd week of April when I made a short visit to dump some of my stuff here, was the abundance of shopping malls.
The Mall City not the Garden City, I said, much to my aunt's amusement.
And when I went round and round looking for a place to park my bike, I gave this place another name.
The City of One-way Roads.
Apart from the process of un-learning the policies and processes of my previous employer (hence referred to as HickleTech), I also have to un-learn one very basic traffic rule.
That one must look to the right, then to the left, and the right one last time before crossing the road.
In Bangalore, one must learn to cut out the part where one looks at the left of the road.
But the traffic has been kind to me so far. Maybe because I get up at unearthly hours (7am versus 8am at Madras) and reach office very early at 9 (versus 10.30 or 11am there).
Today is the fourth day in this place. But it has yet to sink in that I am on my own. I have my food outside. I've washed some of my stuff at home. Barring these, it's just like being at home.
And at work, instead of hearing Telugu, I heard Kannada.
Things haven't changed that much...



6 Comment(s):
At 5/05/2006 8:35 pm,
Prerona said…
Blore is wonderful! I have v fond memories ... all the best!
At 5/06/2006 12:16 pm,
Deez said…
and this is just the beginning, there ll be a lot more to come. :D
At 5/07/2006 12:26 pm,
March Hare said…
enjoy!!:D
At 5/07/2006 9:50 pm,
Anonymous said…
:|
I read Hickie tech :)
Miss you... take care and think of it as a possibility for complete new start. Chance to make changes wherever you want.
At 5/08/2006 10:33 am,
Anonymous said…
u moved to b'lore instead of hyderabad...how come???
jo
At 5/08/2006 11:03 am,
Hyde said…
Jo, I realised there are some things in life I want to do, so that I can strike a better work-life balance. That way, Bangalore scored over Hyderabad.
Pom pom, :-)
Post a Comment
<< Back to the show