The Edward Hyde Show: 197 : Another one bites the dust

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Episode 197 : Another one bites the dust

On Monday morning, it was the usual coffee routine at work.

I casually walked down the aisle and turned into a cubicle. An empty cubicle welcomed me.

Oh yes, Thursday was Chris' last working day. Another colleague left the company to go seek his fortune elsewhere.

It took a little getting used to. I recalled what I said at the his send-off party.

'Everybody here said how technically sound Chris is, how he always remains unruffled in spite of mounting pressure. I don't want to repeat it, so I will instead say how much I enjoyed his company when we weren't working- shooting the breeze, thrashing each other's philosophies on life...'

I didn't want to touch upon our booze sessions, though I was sure everybody else got the gist.

Some people stay a while, some people don't. And then there are some people who, in a short while, change your life in ways you don't expect.

1 Comment(s):

  • At 2/03/2008 2:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Some people stay a while, some people don't. And then there are some people who, in a short while, change your life in ways you don't expect."

    Well said.

    ~N.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show