The Edward Hyde Show: 187 : The good son

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Episode 187 : The good son

'Do you know any nice restaurants that are open late in the night in the Tambaram area?' he asked.

I racked my brain and came up with the few I could recall. 'How late is late night?' I asked.

'Around 10.'

'You'll find most small restaurants open at that time.'

'I am taking a friend along, a girl.'

Ouch!

'Now you know the glitch?' he grinned.

A few minutes later, we came up with options at places other than Tambaram. Street-food choices over fancy restaurants.

And then it struck me. 'What the hell was I doing not going to these places when I was in college?' I thought aloud.

I guess I was playing the role of a good son. A tad too well perhaps.

6 Comment(s):

  • At 10/14/2007 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehehe..somehow this is funny. And errrm...it's never too late to start. A rougish 28-yr-old is far more interesting than a wayward teenager.

     
  • At 10/14/2007 10:55 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Roguish?!?!

    Interesting! ;-)

     
  • At 10/26/2007 1:33 pm, Blogger H said…

    Nothing wrong with being the good son at the cost of avoiding a few stomach churning jaunts in the night.

     
  • At 10/26/2007 7:17 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Naah, stomach churning jaunts wouldn't have happened. I was too sensible back then.

     
  • At 10/27/2007 4:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I was too sensible back then."

    *Was* being the operative word. :D

    ~N.

     
  • At 10/28/2007 12:40 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    It is not that I have stomach churning jaunts these days... but I am not as sensible as I used to be. :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show