The Edward Hyde Show: 286 : Fun at work

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Episode 286 : Fun at work

Sounds like an oxymoron!

But that is what some ingenious people in my office are paid to do, it seems- finding different ways of having fun while at work. I secretly believe they are having fun while I am at work...

So the latest decree is the dressing-to-a-colour-week. After five colours are chosen and declared, the plebeians amongst us have to dress accordingly. I am sure the women, who make a bulk of the FUN-DO team, looked at their wardrobes, chose which colours they want to wear and threw them at us. By us, I mean the men folk. Why can't they just let us be?

So... the colours for the coming week are-

Blue for Monday. I can manage this with my light blue shirt and black trousers.

Green for Tuesday. I knew that chequered green shirt would come in handy some day, but it was old so I had to discard it.

Yellow for Wednesday. Egad! I think I'll call in sick.

Red for Thursday. The chequered red shirt should do the trick, or one of the red tees. Maybe I should wear the one that has the line "Stop bugging me"...

Black for Friday. My favourite day. Black shirt, black trousers, shoes and socks, and a matching motorcycle to boot.

But what really works for me, is the mandatory training from 9am to 5pm for the first four days of the week.

2 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show