Episode 350 : A new beginning
The now-defunct Orkut account used described me as a misfit looking for a Ms. Fit.
In relationships till then, and in those that were to follow, I found myself trying to fit in. I did it in the hope that things between the two of us would get better, and that my being misfit on so many counts was the probable cause of all troubles.
At the end of one such relationship, a realisation dawned on me that relationships works only if they are unconditional, when there is mutual respect and understanding, and that they get better when the people involved are allowed to be themselves and not change because the other wanted it. It led me to believe I was better off being by myself, than change because of conditions set explicitly or otherwise.
Someone did come along, ironically while trying to set me up with one of her friends. I was sure that it too wouldn't last long. I would be expected to change anyway, and I was not willing to do that.
But I was wrong. I did not have to change; she did not have to change.
'Time heals all wounds', and 'Patience is the key to everything' were cliches that turned out true for us.
Everything changed on the seventeenth day of this month when Anna and I were wedded. Yet, for us, nothing seems to have changed.
A new beginning. A new chapter. A new season.
In relationships till then, and in those that were to follow, I found myself trying to fit in. I did it in the hope that things between the two of us would get better, and that my being misfit on so many counts was the probable cause of all troubles.
At the end of one such relationship, a realisation dawned on me that relationships works only if they are unconditional, when there is mutual respect and understanding, and that they get better when the people involved are allowed to be themselves and not change because the other wanted it. It led me to believe I was better off being by myself, than change because of conditions set explicitly or otherwise.
Someone did come along, ironically while trying to set me up with one of her friends. I was sure that it too wouldn't last long. I would be expected to change anyway, and I was not willing to do that.
But I was wrong. I did not have to change; she did not have to change.
'Time heals all wounds', and 'Patience is the key to everything' were cliches that turned out true for us.
Everything changed on the seventeenth day of this month when Anna and I were wedded. Yet, for us, nothing seems to have changed.
A new beginning. A new chapter. A new season.



8 Comment(s):
At 2/24/2014 11:20 am,
Deez said…
Perfect :)
At 2/25/2014 3:09 pm,
Anonymous said…
congrats hyde! we should meet up sometime with anna!
At 2/26/2014 11:30 am,
S said…
Congratulations :)
At 2/27/2014 11:47 am,
T said…
Congrats! This is super news. Very happy for you :)
At 3/03/2014 12:12 am,
Hyde said…
@Mia: Thank you, I'll call when I am in town.
@T, S: Thank you. Tell me this, do I know you?
At 3/17/2014 7:18 pm,
Gia said…
Wow!! How did i miss this!? :) Congratulations A. Wish you both all the very best through good times and not so good ones.
Pompy
At 3/17/2014 7:19 pm,
Gia said…
Wow!! How did i miss this!? :) Congratulations A. Wish you both all the very best through good times and not so good ones.
Pompy
At 3/18/2014 7:26 am,
Vedashree Khambete-Sharma said…
Hey hyde, congratulations and welcome to the club :)
Post a Comment
<< Back to the show