The Edward Hyde Show: 82 : The strange case of Edward Murphy and Edward Hyde

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Episode 82 : The strange case of Edward Murphy and Edward Hyde

"If anything can go wrong, it will." --Murphy.

"If you are not secretive, Murphy's law will score." --Hyde.

People asked me why I was being so secretive about my move out of Hickle Tech. To them I said that things have a habit of going wrong at the last hour.

It has happened so often that I am scarred for life. No matter how hard I try, anything I look forward to goes wrong. And it doesn't happen for a very long time, or never at all. The latter is usually more likely.

And then when I think I should put it behind me and try once to be normal like others... bam!

Bad luck strikes with a vengeance. I want to be separated from bad luck, but like a possessive girlfriend, she refuses to let go!

So what happened now?

I was supposed to travel to Hyderabad in the last week of May. I told almost everyone-folks at home, friends in Bangalore, friends out of Bangalore, my landlady, the storekeepers, the petrol station attendants, even the beggar down the road.

And I thought "Hyde In Hyderabad" might just happen after all. Even if it is only for five days.

Today the trip got cancelled because the induction programme for new joiners clashed with my travel dates. And the induction programme cannot be postponed. No sirree, they cannot.

It will be a miracle if this trip takes place next week. Or next month.

I am back to being paranoid.

It pays.

18 Comment(s):

  • At 5/23/2006 10:31 pm, Blogger March Hare said…

    dont worry... you are not the only one....

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me too :-(
    Are we the jinxed club or what?

    i_f

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:21 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Because it is Kalyug, perhaps?

    And you do not log into GTalk nowadays, do you?

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Told you i don't use that id. The only reason i did was since you insisted that i send a mail and not converse using your comment box ;-)

    i_f

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:29 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Then you should send me an ID that you use. :-)

    The trick is to resend it if you do not see the comment in the box after a minute. I should at least get a mail if you did.

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:31 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I got your second comment as a mail, but it doesn't show here. Perhaps you need to wait a minute or two before putting in the second or third or fourth...

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya right :-D

    I think i didnt check at that time like i am doing now, being totally vela.
    Or maybe it was one of those multiple comment box disasters and i posted it elsewhere. duh!

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have posted the longish comment on "Feels like home" that's why it doesn't show here.
    It was originally intended for "Home away from home"

    i_f

     
  • At 5/25/2006 10:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah it sure does help being paranoid but you know what? sometimes its a great feeling throwing caution to the wind and being hopeful and optimistic! And thats pays too. :)

     
  • At 5/25/2006 11:06 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Nope, doesn't work for me. :-) Because when I do, Life happens.

     
  • At 5/25/2006 3:46 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    What happened to you, Q?

     
  • At 5/25/2006 7:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry it dint work out :( I can imagine why the paranoid-ness is there...

     
  • At 5/26/2006 9:56 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Well, I put that one behind me. :-)

     
  • At 5/26/2006 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah thats always the tough part aint it...

     
  • At 5/26/2006 10:30 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    I got used to doing it... if you have a life like mine, you will. :-)

    The problem is snapping out of an indifferent mentality when you should. My friend who uses a different name each time to comment here believes it is not a good thing to become completely indifferent. I agree, but the solution that I have adopted works better. :-)

     
  • At 5/26/2006 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I could sure use some of that potion then! :)

     
  • At 5/26/2006 2:19 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Very simple actually, but a difficult one to implement. You've got to work on your indifference factor. :-)

     
  • At 5/30/2006 2:28 pm, Blogger Tinky Toinkers said…

    psst ... its true ... its happened so many times that i know it is the truth. seal your lips and pack your bags when no one's looking... thats the only way you ever get to go on a trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show