The Edward Hyde Show: 141 : Coffee with Sowparni

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Episode 141 : Coffee with Sowparni

When Sowparni and I meet, something hilarious has to happen.

One evening went like this.

Another evening we were walking up Church Street. On the way, a foul stench awaited us. I can never understand how people manage to park their cars in that area. Or even stand next to the wall and pee.

They must be having excellent lung control.

'Let's go to the other side, too many minerals here' Sowparni said.

'Mineral water' I quipped.

As we continued walking, I vaguely recalled seeing an expensive bottle of mineral water. I mentioned it to Sowparni as I grappled hard to recall the name.

'It is a French company... a five-letter word. I think it starts with a U'

'Urine?'

7 Comment(s):

  • At 2/14/2007 10:44 pm, Blogger Prerona said…

    ha ha! that was funny, bhai. happy valentines day!

     
  • At 2/20/2007 8:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just here after reading The Punishment.
    Just as I was getting ready with excited greetings and congratulations, you cut the party short by saying that it was not real. :/

    But it was an interesting read. Almost too good to not be true. :)

    ~N.

     
  • At 2/21/2007 11:26 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Tsk tsk.

    Hyde's "Tales" didn't prepare you?

     
  • At 2/21/2007 8:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nah, it didn't. Considering the fact that most of the good fictions have a touch of reality in them, and given the way your story was written, the posibility of your "tale" being true seemed enormous. So had you not already clarified the status in the comments space, you would've been reading a congratulatory note from me.

    Well, no sweat. Hope you do read it, sooner than later. :)

    ~N.

     
  • At 2/22/2007 4:06 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Do read what sooner or later?

     
  • At 2/22/2007 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I meant the congratulatory note...wedding greetings which I was about to send after I read The Punishment...but which I didn't eventually write because I saw your comment stating that the story was not real.

    That's what I hope you read sooner than later. Or put another way, I hope you give us an opportunity to wish you a happy-ever-after very soon. :)


    ~N.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 7:18 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Hmm... well, it takes two to tango. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show