The Edward Hyde Show: 146 : Hyde in America, Part III

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Episode 146 : Hyde in America, Part III

Life is ...

... feeling the cold air freeze the tip of your nose and ears.

... watching Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond on a comfortable couch.

... working on your laptop and sipping a drink, while noticing a cute waitress turn around to give you a second look as she passes by.

But...


'So you are flying out on?'

'Sunday.'

'It will be a lot warmer there.'

I smiled. 'I know, but I will miss this weather.'

XZ stared at me in shock. 'It was very cold here!'

I grinned.

I cannot explain why, perhaps it has something to do with wearing a layer of woollens. Something I missed doing after I left Delhi over 18 years ago. Madras doesn't offer a chance to wear wool and I looked forward to a colder winter in Bangalore.

I got that chance, but it didn't feel the same.

Wearing a pullover, a coat and a pair of gloves made me recall those wintry school days in Delhi. I enjoyed doing it in my stay here in Massachusetts.

When I go on that trip to the mountains, perhaps I can live it again.

But... I am going to miss this place and its old world charm. Along with its Harley Davidson motorcycles and Volkwagen Beetle cars.

7 Comment(s):

  • At 3/11/2007 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) Seems to have been a good trip.
    So, just a few hours left before you head back. Again via Europe or straight home?

    ~N.

     
  • At 3/11/2007 3:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And someone said something starkly different sometime ago :-).

     
  • At 3/11/2007 4:12 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    N, I am not leaving this continent, merely moving to a warmer location. :-)

    Sowparni, I say a lot of things. Which one are you talking about?

     
  • At 3/12/2007 12:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *sigh* I could use some travelling right now.
    Lucky you. Enjoy yourself. So where've you moved to?

     
  • At 3/13/2007 5:53 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Northern California. :-)

     
  • At 3/13/2007 9:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hm, got time for some road trips while you're there? :)


    California's State Route 1 (Highway 1)
    http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/30/cx_dl_0831featslide_6.html?thisSpeed=6000

    Highway 25: Nothern California
    http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/30/cx_dl_0831featslide_7.html?thisSpeed=6000

    17 Mile Drive
    http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/30/cx_dl_0831featslide_3.html?thisSpeed=6000

    Mulholland Drive: Southern California
    http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/30/cx_dl_0831featslide_8.html?thisSpeed=6000

    Angeles Crest Highway (California Route 2) :Southern California
    http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/30/cx_dl_0831featslide_10.html?thisSpeed=6000



    ~N.

     
  • At 3/14/2007 1:07 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    I have time for a road trip, but who's going to drive me around?

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show