The Edward Hyde Show: 142 : The new colleague

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Episode 142 : The new colleague

A couple of weeks ago, we had a one-sided exchange programme in the office. A programme where a developer moves from one team to another. Our team was the beneficiary.

The new member is a girl who, along with another girl and a guy, forced me to pretend I am riding my bike up a slope inclined at 60 degrees to the natural. The idea was mooted by my none-too-innocent team members in the kick-off party.

But that's not how I know her.

It happened during the initial weeks in Specific Gravity. I was having lunch by myself in the office cafeteria. At the table next to me were two girls, the new member being one of them. Out of the corner of one eye, I noticed that both of them kept crossing and uncrossing their legs in a fashion similar to Papa Hyde. A habit that riles the rest of us.

I couldn't help messaging Edwina about it.

Pat came the reply. 'They must be members of the Mmm-bat family.' Papa Hyde is a descendant, and unless you are a native of "God's own country" you will not understand how Papa Hyde is a descendant while Edwina and I aren't.

Almost immediately came a chiding message.

'Stop staring at their legs!'

2 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show