The Edward Hyde Show: 203 : A diamond is forever

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Episode 203 : A diamond is forever

'I have resigned from the idea of getting married' she said.

I laughed. 'What happened now?'

'Met a jerk.'

'Didn't I tell you that almost all guys are jerks or are jerks in disguise? What happened this time?'

She summarised the incident in a couple of sentences. 'That is why I am retiring' she said with a smile.

'You know, you give up easily' I said. It was a line someone told me not too long ago. Funny how some things come back to you...

I couldn't help using a cliche. 'A diamond is forever' I continued. 'Are diamonds easy to find?'

'I don't want diamonds, I don't wear diamonds!' she said flatly.

I shook my head and smiled.

10 Comment(s):

  • At 3/28/2008 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahhaa diamonds are not always a glas's best friend.. I agree with her.. gift me a bike and a camera every year and I will be satisfied.. buhahahah !!!

     
  • At 3/29/2008 12:04 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    :-) I'll remember to hint about this to the right person.

     
  • At 3/29/2008 7:51 pm, Blogger Much ado about nothing.... said…

    "almost all guys are jerks or are jerks in disguise?"
    hehehe..good one that!

     
  • At 3/30/2008 10:39 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I know I am digging my own grave, but what the hell...! :-)

     
  • At 4/09/2008 12:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As U said "there are many more nice women, than there are nice men. Lucky me. Unlucky you."

    I don't necessarily believe him. Just sometimes.

     
  • At 4/09/2008 5:16 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Who is U? Me? I said that??

     
  • At 4/15/2008 12:47 pm, Blogger H said…

    U: capital. Proper noun.
    you: lowercase, common noun ;-)

     
  • At 4/15/2008 12:49 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I know a lot of people who use both to mean the same thing, and I was hoping you aren't one of them. :-)

    But you haven't answered a question. Who is U?

     
  • At 4/29/2008 7:43 pm, Blogger H said…

    U is a boy. Clearly. My blog is bespattered with his presence. Surely you are aware, Hyde? :-)

     
  • At 4/30/2008 10:19 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Was I supposed to? ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show