The Edward Hyde Show: 85 : I, me and just by myself

"Sometimes I get to feelin’, I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young, things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young,
The sun was always shinin’ - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don’t know,
The rest of my life’s been just a show."

--Freddie Mercury, These are the days of our lives.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Episode 85 : I, me and just by myself

Hyderabad, Bombay, Pune, Gurgaon, Noida, Calcutta and Bangalore were my choices. With the added thought that if I had to choose Bangalore, I might as well stay back in Madras...

There were times in my life when I wanted to go somewhere far from home, to a place, like Scandinavia perhaps, where nobody knows me and I know nobody. And live like a recluse.

And then I thought I should first prepare living alone and then think of a solitary life. Circumstances later made me opt for Bangalore despite being the last choice.

Bangalore is a place where I have friends and ex-colleagues in fair numbers, I expected to bump into them somewhere sometime.

The people I bumped into were-
-- Ant, an ex-colleague who I did not expect to see.
-- A Thunderbird rider I rode past at Dairy Circle, only to see him again an hour later at Banerghata Road. I again bumped into him at the St. Marks Barista two weeks later!
-- Sam, who I met at Coonoor and later at Java City, standing next to me at PurpleHaze two days later.
-- Shrek who I met at Hypnos one weekend and bumped into at PurpleHaze the next (and within minutes of finding Sam).
-- And C, the HR exec of the company I so badly wanted to join, walking down the road that runs beside my office.

I expected to bump into none of them. And till now I have not bumped into people I thought I would.

Perhaps Bangalore is preparing me for a life of reclusiveness. As this thought formed in my mind, I felt perhaps things are getting stalled because of a long-pending visit to an aunt's place, the one I kept postponing every week. The last time I had such a thought, I got the feeling things would improve once I complete my post-graduation.

And to my surprise, I was proved right.

Today morning, I got a call from home saying the same aunt slipped, fell and suffered a fracture. Can I visit and enquire her health?

Are the stalled wheels are in motion? Who knows!

16 Comment(s):

  • At 6/07/2006 12:21 pm, Blogger Prerona said…

    i just left an immense comment

     
  • At 6/07/2006 12:24 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Where? LOL!

     
  • At 6/07/2006 3:28 pm, Blogger Deez said…

    its preparing u for a life of unsettelement....

     
  • At 6/07/2006 3:35 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I don't want to be caught napping, if it is going to prepare me, well and good. :-)

     
  • At 6/08/2006 9:38 am, Blogger SwB said…

    Go for Pune - great weather, great chicks ... and the people are not a bunch of crazy bastards like in Delhi/Noida/Gurgaon. Bombay is one big shithole. In Calcutta all the women look the same ...and the weather is awful.

     
  • At 6/08/2006 10:04 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    I am not a stranger to Pune, have been there a few times. :-) But then, to move to Pune I need a good offer, and in those days, good offers were hard to come by.

     
  • At 6/08/2006 2:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey you forgot a wonderful cousin :D

     
  • At 6/08/2006 2:42 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Ah yes Mr. Anonymous SmartyPants, I forgot my wonderful cousins who haven't called me to enquire how I am doing. :-D

    Oh wait, one of them did call.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 11:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meeting all the people you'd rather stay away from? Yeah the same happ to me when I moved back home. All the ppl I didnt want to be in touch with were here! Second SwB on the Pune thought!

     
  • At 6/09/2006 2:06 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    No, I meant something else. That I did not expect to see these people again so soon. At least not as often as I expect to bump into people I thought I would.

    Don't know what you agree with SwB on, but as far as "great chicks" are concerned, ehh? ;-) Didn't see that many when I was there...

     
  • At 6/09/2006 3:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, one of the cousins did enquire where you were put up, how long it took to get to office etc, didnt he?.. and well, we always knew that you could take care of yourself, and didnt want to intrude on your private 'setting up yourself and fishing out past acquaintances' processes... now, isnt that convincing....

     
  • At 6/09/2006 3:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh okay!! i'll call you.... and which aunt is this? .. hmmm, when you speak to her, ask her when exactly she heard that you were in town...

     
  • At 6/09/2006 3:40 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Anonymous Smartypants sounds hurt. :-P Ok, I concede, one of you did enquire the whats and the hows.

    This aunt came to know at around the same time as you. This aunt is at Indira Nagar. Maybe I should say uncle and aunt.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 3:45 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Hey wait a minute! Didn't one of you enquire after I messaged one of you from my new number?

     
  • At 6/09/2006 4:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah. and what about bangalore maps?? and what movies being shown where!! hmmph

     
  • At 6/09/2006 5:09 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    All after I asked. :-)

    Btw, you have a name. Noah. Use it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to the show